1. Early to rise – the quiet part of the morning, as the sun is just rising, is not only beautiful to experience, but allows some personal space before the household awakens and the flurry of the day begins.
2. Awake gently – set the alarm to a soothing tone, bringing you out of the sleep state peacefully. Try harp or piano settings on your phone, or your favourite relaxing music.
3. Set the alarm 10 minutes early to allow some time for meditative thought processes upon waking, rather than having to bound out of bed in a rush.
4. Take some deep breaths all the way past your diaphragm (chest) into your tummy. Breathe in through your nose for a mental count of four; hold your breath for a count of seven; exhale completely through your mouth to the count of eight – continue this breath process 3 or 4 times.
5. Take a moment to check in with your body and mind – How do you feel?
6. Continue to breathe in relaxation, and breathe out any tension in your body.
7. Draw love into your body on the in-breath; do this while holding or touching the parts of your body you don’t love so much – that extra tummy roll, that wrinkle, that simple that old scar. Send extra love to these places.
8. Give thanks for all parts of you. Your human body is what carries your soul around here on earth. Give it the respect it deserves.
9. Take a moment to recognise and be thankful for all the good in your life.
Now slowly arise and walk gently, as if floating, across the room to your bathroom – ready to cleanse your body and enjoy the day.
Remember to give compassion to those who do not treat you as well as you feel you deserve during this day; you don’t know what personal struggles they are experiencing.
Love and compassion provide a much higher vibration than anger, judgement or jealously – make a conscious choice to vibrate higher!